Universiti Industri Selangor (UNISEL)
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
SELANGOR is the most developed state in Malaysia and supports the government’s ambition to propel Malaysia towards being an educational hub and regional centre of academic excellence. Most of the Federal Government’s mega-projects are located in this state, e.g. the Multimedia Super Corridor, Sepang International Circuit (SIC), the New Administrative Centre in Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) - one of the most modern airports in the world, and Port Klang, the biggest port in Malaysia. The state too has the most number of institutions of higher
learning in Malaysia. Its infrastructure and communication facilities are among the best in the region. Above all, the Selangor State Government is the first to establish its very own university in 1999 – UNIVERSITI INDUSTRI SELANGOR (UNISEL).
Meeting Industrial Needs
To be a Regional Industrial Learning University
As a learning university, UNISEL emanates dynamism fuelled more
by students’ learning than lecturers’ teaching. True to its name as
universiti industri, its curriculum and extra-curricular activities are
industry-centred. Thus the output and outcomes are meant to meet
UNISEL is noted for its industrial-oriented courses of unsurpassed
quality that will prove beneficial and advantageous for students who
are looking for that competitive edge in the job market. Challenging and
rigorous courses, carefully guided and inspired by an exceptionally
capable academic team make UNISEL significantly above average.
Reputed as a “thinking university”, UNISEL is the place to polish and
harness your talent and skills.
THE UNISEL ADVANTAGE
- State-owned university
- Truly university campus
- Quality programmes from 11 excellent faculties
- Renowned academicians
- Learning university
- Meets industrial needs
- Focuses on career-oriented education
- Good facilities
- Affordable fees
- Achievements in innovation
- Won many reputable innovative achievements/awards involving
researches, academicians and students
ONE UNIVERSITY, TWO CAMPUSES
UNISEL Bestari Jaya Campus - The main campus, Bestari Jaya
Campus is situated about 60km north of the Shah Alam Campus,
away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
The campus is a sprawling 1,000 acre learning center. The main
campus accommodates seven faculties which are:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Industrial Management
- Faculty of Industrial Information Technology
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Language Studies
- Faculty of Applied Science & Mathematics
- Faculty of Social Science & Industrial Studies
UNISEL Shah Alam Campus houses four faculties:
- UNISEL Graduate School of Management (UGSM)
- Faculty of Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- Faculty of Biomedical & Health Sciences
- Faculty of Industrial Art & Design Technology
- Center for Graduate Studies
It is strategically located in the state’s capital, Shah Alam, an ideal
environment supported by good infrastructure. Students can enjoy
the facilities provided in the vicinity.
UNISEL GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
(based at the Shah Alam Campus)
UNISEL Graduate School of Management or UGSM was formally
incorporated in 2004 with the mission to provide lifelong education
and development for everyone. Its establishment is also in line with
UNISEL’s philosophy of providing continuous or lifelong learning for
society. As the Graduate School of Management of UNISEL, UGSM
strives to provide the best part-time educational programmes and
customised training programmes to organisations in ensuring their
competitiveness in the global environment.
UGSM plays an important role in providing quality management
development programmes for working people in the industry,
ranging from certificate and diploma right through to doctorate levels
in a variety of disciplines, particularly in the area of Logistics and
Shipping. UGSM is located at the UNISEL City Campus, Section 7,
Shah Alam, Selangor. Focused on becoming a center of academic
and corporate excellence, UGSM aspires to achieve the following:
- To offer individuals part-time programmes to assist them in personal
or career advancement
- To develop new courses or programmes that match the current
and future demands of an organisation
- To enhance human capital that could specifically contribute
towards industrial growth and create qualified manpower that the
country needs as envisioned in vision 2020.
- To offer short courses or training programmes particularly to meet
the needs of organisations in their human resource development
Currently, UGSM offers the following postgraduate courses:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), with specialisations in:
- General Management
- Logistics Management
- Shipping Management
- Local Government*
- Project Management**
- Facility Management**
- Occupational, Safety & Health**
- Islamic Finance***
* In collaboration with “Institut Latihan Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan (ILPBT)”
** In collaboration with KLIA Training & Research Center
***In collaboration with International Education of Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
- Master of Management (by research)
- PhD in Management (by research)
Applications are to be made on the prescribed forms, which may be
obtained from the UNiSEL Graduate School of Management (UGSM).
All enclosed academic records and other supporting documents
must be in English and certified as true copies.
A completed application package should consist of the following items:
- 2 sets of certified true copies of academic certificate(s).
- 2 sets of certified true copies of transcripts/mark sheets or other academic records.
- Other relevant documents (if any).
- Documents that are not in English or Malay must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Other necessary documents:
For Malaysian Students
- A non-refundable application processing fee RM20 in the form of
a bank draft, money order or postal order payable to ‘Universiti
- 2 sets of certified true copies of identification card (I/C).
- Four (4) recent passport-size colour photographs.
For International Students
- A non-refundable application processing fee RM40 in the form of a
bank draft payable to ‘Universiti Industri Selangor’.
- 2 sets of certified copies of certificates and transcripts, translated
versions in English and endorsed by the Malaysian Embassy or
Consulate in the applicant’s country.
- Eight (8) recent passport-size colour photographs.
- 4 sets of international passport copies with at least two (2) years of
validity (including all blank pages and cover).
- Evidence of English proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS preferred). Where
necessary, candidates may be required to sit for the UNISEL
English Language Proficiency Programme.
- Documentary evidence of the applicant’s ability to cover tuition,
accommodation, food, medical and other expenses for the total
duration of programme.
Other postgraduate programmes available at other faculties are:
Faculty of Education
- M.Ed (Co-Curriculum Management)
- M.Ed (Education Management)
- M.Ed (Principalship)
- M.Ed (Management Training)
- M.Ed (Library & Information Centre Management)
- M.Ed (Assessment & Evaluation)
- M.Ed (Discipline Management)
- M.Ed (Curriculum Management)
- Ph.D in Education (By research)
- Doctor of Education
Faculty of Social Science & Industrial Studies
Master in Social Management (By research)
Faculty of Industrial Information Technology
- Master of Computer Science (Software Engineering)
- Master in Information Technology
Faculty of Biotechnology & Life Sciences
- M.Sc (Biotechnology) (By research)
- Ph.D in Biotechnology
General Entry Requirements
- For master’s degree – a recognised bachelor’s degree from a higher educational institution
- For PhD degree – a recognised master’s degree or its equivalent in a related discipline
RECOGNITION & ACHIEVEMENTS
UNISEL has won many reputable innovation achievements / awards
involving researchers, academicians and students. This includes:
- Certificate from the ‘Malaysian Book of Record’ – Largest Flag using straw 2007
- First and Second Place Logo Design Competition – for the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) 2007
- Innovation Research Award in Public and Private University Sectors (AIPB) 2007
- Selangor Young Scientist Award 2007
- Best Concrete Canoe’ - JPS Concrete Canoe’ Competition 2007
- First Place on NANO Satellite Model Competition (CANSAT) (Design and Developing) 2007
- First Place (Open Class CANSAT) and Third Place (Telemetry Category) for CANSAT Competitions World Varsity Championship, in Madrid 2007
STUDENT LIFE & RESIDENCE UNISEL
There is more than one reason why UNISEL is the unequivocal choice
for students who wish to obtain an excellent qualification. Apart from
quality education led by knowledgeable professionals, UNISEL also
caters to the well-being of its students. UNISEL provides students
with comprehensive to cater to the students’ learning needs and
LIVING ON CAMPUS
In Bestari Jaya, all residences are conveniently located within the
university campus, minutes away from your classes, labs, library,
sports complex, hall and eating places.
LIVING OFF CAMPUS
In Shah Alam, if you choose to live off campus and independently,
our Student Affairs Staff will help you in your search for housing.
Home to more than 12,000 full-time and part-time students and 600
faculty members and staff, UNISEL campuses offer a wide range of
services and amenities:
- Student Centre
- Student Community Centre
- Training and Career Placement Services for Graduates
- International Student Unit
- Internet Facilities
- Auto-teller machine
- Clubs and Societies
- Library and Learning Resources
- Childcare Centre
- Book Store
- Sport Complex